Wednesday, 30 November 2011

Becoming more structured

Since moving over to Github, I've been impressed with the way a project can be organised and managed.
Using these tools, I've scheduled up the next few releases [milestones] and attached functionality [issues] to each.
So as it stands, were going to the 0.7 release towards the end of the year. With just a handful of ui-bugs one planned new functional item (improve the doc list page), I think this should be achievable.

Friday, 11 November 2011

Improve the code quality

With more people using opendias it's getting more attention. Therefor I think it's time to clean up some of those really shonkey bits of code that I've wanted to get back to since - the beginning of time.
I've started using 'splint' but it looks to be a bit out of date and I'm thinking it's not the best use of time to work around these problems.
Moved onto using 'cppcheck' which feels a lot more solid.
Anyway, I've made a bunch of changes using these tools, which hopefully will make the codebase easier to maintain going forward.

Friday, 4 November 2011

Move of Project home.

We've move the main code store over to and will be moving other project services away from shortly.
This move it to improve the quality of the user experience while new and current users are getting information or help on openDIAS.