OpenDIAS is a product designed to allow the home or office user to store and catalog documents, mainly (but not exclusively) from scanned physical documents. Documents are stored on a central machine and can be scanned/ imported into the archive, searched for by OCR content, date, title or assigned tag from any machine on the network.
|Opendias 0.8.1 Document Detail|
New features in the upcoming 0.8 release include:
- Document linkage to other docs,
- Scanning device locking,
- Document list has been migrated to an auto loaded list,
- Imported PDF, ODF and Image objects now generate a thumbnail and have OCR performed,
- Introduction of a localisation framework (initially with English and German lang packs),
- Various other frontend and backend improvements, tweaks and optimisations,
- Better testing of various hardware and OS configs (including 64-bit, Ubuntu, Redhat, Debian).
OpenDIAS is available in deb and rpm packages, from a source tarball or GitHub, with a comprehensive testing suite.
|Opendias 0.8.1 Document List Page|
We encourage all users to upgrade their production systems to this newest version.
|Opendias 0.8.1 Document Scanning|